Day 43 – 10/24/11 Monday & Day 44 – 10/25/11 Tuesday


Monday was fairly uneventful- I didn’t feel great, but made it back from Bitola safe and sound! So let's move to Tuesday-

Unfortunately when I awoke this morning, I realized that I was missing my beloved comb- I forgot it at Lizzie’s place. Darn it!  I had to make do this morning without, which to most people sounds like no big deal- but when you are counting on it to make your hair look right (I know some of you are already shaking your heads like you know what I mean and others are perplexed at this moment about a comb really being that important) it makes for a tough start to a day.  Being that I still was not feeling too well, I went to the Supermarket on the way to the Language Center this morning.  I bought orange juice and a HUGE water to drink at work with my expectorant pills.  To fast forward through my day- because I know you are dying to know if I ever found a comb or not and if tomorrow will be a better day- I got a bunch of work done, planned more for class Thursday, and went to lunch with my teaching partner for next semester.  I do have to give more than a few words to the fact that I received letters B and C from my family.  (my mom is labeling them, 1, 2, 3 and A, B, C so we know what order I get them in)  I have gotten 2 and B and C… A and 1 are missing somewhere…. In it they put some articles from the local paper- I am so looking forward to reading what they sent!

After work it was off with Vesna to the pharmacy to see if they have more expectorant.  I was able to buy a powder you put in water to prevent colds so that I s a good start, but no expectorant there.  Vesna is going to do some more searching for me – I seriously don’t know what I would do without her!!  From there it was to the grocery store.  I looked all over in the store for a comb but to no avail.. so with two very heavy plastic bags- I am going to get calluses from this I am sure – I left feeling slightly defeated, but knowing that it was not the end of the world.  You might say, why didn’t you go to another store… but you see the world of Tetovo (minus a few café’s and Midpoint) doesn’t start until after the supermarket, so that would have meant walking further from campus with my heavy bags… I chose that it wasn’t important.  I do that a lot these days- weighing of options.  So I walked on switching hands of the bags… and it was by shear luck (or a blessing) that I turned to my right, on this street I walk almost everyday- but there it was GOLDEN ROSE a beauty supply shop- COMBS!!!!  Sure enough fairly close to campus was a beauty shop that until then I had neglected to see!  I bought a comb and some hair spray (not anything close to my favorite Kenra back home). 

I wanted to share one photo of Tetovo today – it was a really foggy day- in this shot you should be able to see mountains…  
fog- you can't see the top, or the mountains behind it...


Lesson: Sometimes we see things only when we need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment