Day 26 - 10/7/11

The day started with my first journey to Skopje alone!!  I ended up taking a combi and I got to the combi outside the university at about 10:20 and waited till about 10:30 before someone else came. I may have explained, but in case I haven't a combi is a cheap way to get to and from Skopje and a bit quicker in travel time because they can drive faster :) It ended up that 2 other students, and then one of the other professors from the University who does the TOEFL trainings. We all ended up getting in a smaller combi and heading toward the center where we picked up two more people and we were off to Skopje. I was in contact with Cassidy the whole way- and ended up meeting her at her institution the Euro Balkin Institute. She gave me a tour and then we headed back to her place!

We decided to make our lunch rather than eat out, so we walked to Ramstore!!!! This place is GREAT!  I got more peanut butter and purchased soy sauce... wow!  Look out Betty Crocker!

I had a few places I really wanted to go today while in Skopje. Luckily Cassidy is always up for an adventure!  We stopped at a bunch of souvenir shops and found treasures as well as bought post cards.  Cassidy also showed me a local book store and I was able to buy some books in Macedonian.  Now I have titles in both Macedonian and Albanian! I can't wait to share them with my students!



I decided to document what the construction looks like in Skopje. I figure that during the 8 months remaining, there will be changes, and I want to share them here!
This will be the National Archeological Museum- back/side view

Looking to the Southwest

This will be the National Archeological Museum - front view

The National Bank

No comments:

Post a Comment