Day 42 - 10/23/11 - Sunday - Prilep



Prilep was today’s adventure.  It was another beautiful city!  We can now say that we have been there.  Some great pictures to prove we were there, but the best part was lunch!!!  We went to Bankok Thai Restaurant and it was amazing!  I had Hot and Sour soup with coconut milk, and Lizzie being a food coinsure like myself, loves spicy food so we got it HOT.  Then for the mail meal, I got Red Curry with coconut milk, and chicken.  Oh Man, to die for!!!

The Thai Restaurant!

Lizzie

Cassidy

Me :)
Hot Sour soup with Coconut Milk

Red Curry with chicken















Prilep also has a cross on the hill

Memorial in the city center

Tobacco is a major product of the city, there were drying leaves ALL OVER!
Remains of a Turkish Bath

Beautiful old house

we had to laugh about the name :)
Another view of the cross, and you can see two fortresses

me at a the ruins of an old mosque

the entire ruins of the mosque

The clock tower in the town
 

I was not feeling the greatest today, and since I have an agreement with myself to NOT GET SICK until at least June, I needed to do something about it!  Email was sent to mom asking for the family recipe for Spiced Tea.  I asked for it before leaving for Prilep knowing she would wake up about when we got back and we could make it!  This did mean going to the store without seeing the recipe, I struggled with one ingredient… is their pineapple juice or not… I decided no.  WRONG ANSWER- but I think it turned out pretty good considering! 



Lesson:  Mom is only an email away!

1 comment: