Day 23 – 10/4/11 Tuesday


Today was to be the first day for conversation club.  At 12, noon, I went to Evergreen the café right outside of campus.  This is where the conversation groups are to meet.  Today’s group will be lead by another native English speaker who is also a professor at SEE-U.  He too arrived, but no students showed up.  It is possible that the students have a conflict with courses so the other professor is going to ask the students in his class and some of the other classes to see if there is a better time for this particular group to meet.  I hope we can figure out a time when students want to attend! 

Big news for the day- I got a very special package in the mail!  My parents got an envelope of things together and sent it to me for my birthday.  They sent it in what was thought to be enough time to get it here last Thursday, but it arrived today.  We still have some learning to do when it comes to the postal services between the two countries.   I was okay with it coming today, it makes my birthday celebration last a bit longer.  It was filled with home!  I was able to use most of the stuff as decorations for my very white walls :)  I can’t say thank you enough to all of the people who got stuff to my family to send along!  I really feel like a bit of home was wrapped in that big envelope and now it is here with me!

One of the balloons from the package!!!

This is the post office and front gate of the univesrity

What my desk area looks like now!












Another KApking that now hangs on my wall!




Picture by KApking included in the package!!





































 After work I walked with Vesna and another person who works at SEE-U.  I stopped at the store and bought some vegetables, water, AND these new peppers I decided I needed to try.  They are good!  I liked them with my tomato and cucumber salad tonight!  I also stopped at BurekTore Midpoint and got a Burek from there.  I took a picture because it is yet another style. This one the pieces were separate- it was delicious!  I was also able to share with the wonderful people that own/work at Midpoint that I had started my Albanian courses! This made them smile, and it made me smile too!!

The new pepers

The burek and my salad int he back :)




















Lesson: Take time to talk to people, the conversation can warm your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment