Day 36 – 10/17/11 Monday


Miredita!  Une jam Jen kush une nga Tetovo. Po ti?
 (Good day! I am Jen I am from Tetovo. And you?)

Today was Albanian class.  I keep learning more and more!  But I also need to practice more and more. Learning French in High School was tough, so I knew coming in that it wouldn’t come as easy to me.  I do have to say that living around people who speak the language all around you helps.  Tomorrow I will be starting Macedonian class as well.  This class will be with students though, not staff. I am going to have to work really hard, because some of them will also be students that are in my class :)

Cassidy came today to Tetovo, and we were going to go to an event at the American Corner with a live stream of Martin Luther King Jr.’s son. Unfortunately the power went out at the American Corner, so it was called off… sad face.  But don’t worry we are world travelers living abroad, we found something to do with no problem!
Crocheting and American TV

American TV


That’s right, American TV on our computers, and crochet!  As you can see two computers, while one loads a show we watch the other!  BRILLIANT I  KNOW!  Now as for the crochet, this is Cassidy’s first day. I just happened to have two size P hooks perfect for making blankets, so Cassidy is now a proud owner of a size P crochet hook, and a bag of yarn to make her own blanket.  Pretty cool huh? 

Diten a mire!!!

Lesson: There is always ways to keep yourself busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment