Day 50 - 10/31/11 - Monday

Happy Halloween!!


Today’s post is short- I have to pack for my trip to Zagreb, Croatia!!!  I am leaving for Skopje tomorrow and then Zagreb till late Sunday night.  So no posts or pictures while I am away, but be ready for some AMAZING photos when I return!!

I have to share one thing about today.  After yesterday’s wonderful experience with Vesna’s family I knew I needed to write them a thank you note.  Knowing they do not speak English- I decided it needed to be in true Macedonian. My Macedonian classes have not started yet so it was to Google Translator.  After writing it into a notebook, I asked Vesna if it was correct, before putting it into the card.  She smiled and assured me it was understandable, but that the grammar was not all correct but to leave it, because if it was perfect they would know I had help.  Here is the letter:

Tonight I made caramel apples, and spiced tea for two of my friends here on campus!  I was also planning on showing them a classic- Hocus Pocus!   But when Shkumbin arrived, he had brought a projector!  So we watched Hocus Pocus projected on my wall!!  So awesome.
Happy Halloween!!!

preparing for the party

apples, caramel and crushed peanuts

The movie on the wall!!!


Lesson: Writing in an alphabet and language you do not know, is NOT fluent!!

No comments:

Post a Comment