Day 24 - 10/5/11 Wednesday


Wednesday- the middle of the week!  To me this means start making plans for the weekend!  There are two festivals going on in Macedonia this weekend. One is in Gostivar and one in Skopje… the plan is to try and get to both!  Plans have just started, so stay tuned, but perhaps there will be some great new pictures to post!

Today was my second day of Albanian classes.  Man oh man I can say its not too easy!  This will be another challenge for me while I am here.  But I am up for a challenge. Today we worked more on pronunciation, which is the hardest part right now… the language has more blends then English and a couple of the letters have different sounds.  We also worked on learning numbers, which I think will be handy! 

Today was to be the second conversation group. Unfortunately no students attended again. Hopefully this will change, because I really look forward to talking with them and exchanging knowledge and experiences!

I am not feeling the greatest today- maybe just lack of sleep, I do keep drinking the Vitamin C my mom suggested I get.. but I think tonight will bring crochet and watching some American television shows on my computer.  I have an exciting weekend I CAN’T be sick. Not mention my goal while I am here is to not get sick AT ALL- yes I just knocked on wood! 

Oh I do have one picture to share. I walked to the store to buy some orange juice and more water to chug down tonight- I caved and bought some of the chocolate that I keep hearing is fantastic.  I haven’t opened it yet, so you will have to wait on my assessment of it, but here is a picture anyway!


Lesson: Moms know things no matter where in the world you are or they are- heed their words!!

No comments:

Post a Comment