Day 29 and 30 - 10/10/11 and 10/11/11 Monday and Tuesday

I am combining these posts for two reasons, its Tuesday and I haven't done yesterday's post yet, and these two days are not packed with events to share or knowledge to impart.

Tuesday was Resistance Day in Macedonia which is a state holiday meaning everything is closed.  Since many students at the University are commuter students who go home on the weekends, the university was also closed on Monday.  This meant no classes or going to the office.

When I woke up Monday I was greeted with surprise. As I had said in the previous posts, it had gotten colder here... this morning there was snow on the mountain tops!  Not much, but enough to see and take a picture of to share!

I went to meet Vesna for coffee today.  During our coffee, I mentioned to her that I was wanting a coat that was in between the jacket I had and the big heavy winter coat.  When we were done, she took me to a boutique on the corner, and low and behold they had the perfect thing and I fell in love with it!  I of course had to take shots to share with you!!  

The coat

Leather :)
















No class or work meant more "me" time.  Previously this would have been daunting and lonely but with my new crochet projects and two languages to study- I was looking forward to it!  I finished the first blanket, and just in time for the cold weather!! (It is more yellow than it looks) Now I will start the blanket for the other bed in the room for when visitors come :)

spread out on the bed










Close up of the border

3 comments:

  1. A. you look amazing! B. I love your coat. C. I love that you are making a blanket for visitors AKA someone like me :) Miss ya tons, glad I got to see your face yesterday, talk to you Wed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. G and G Trook
    You look beautiful in the coat. It should keep you comfortable until the very cold weather comes. Was the coat made in Macadonia or Albania?
    Hope the snow stays on the mountain top for awhile.
    The blanket looks great! You crochet very fast. the blanket should keep you nice and warm.
    Love and Prayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. A- thanks, thanks, and yes, visitors LIKE YOU!

    G and G- I am not sure where the coat was made...I will have to do a bit of research and see if it says in the coat or maybe Vesna knows :)

    ReplyDelete