Wow- its here

So tomorrow morning it is!  After a year of applying, waiting, finding out, waiting, planning and it's here.  I have the greatest friends and family! The surprise party Friday was amazing thanks to each of you who had a hand in making it happen.  Although saying goodbye, or see you soon is hard, I know it is only ten months but its hard.  I am so looking forward to this next chapter in my life.  The blessings in my life are many and I won't ever forget that!

Flight leaves Lincoln at 5:45am tomorrow, then Chicago, Philadelphia, and Dulles in DC.  In DC it on to Austrian Air where I will fly to Vienna and then Skopje, Macedonia arriving at 11:30am, Macedonian time, 4:30am Lincoln time.  Good thing flying is not something that scares me :)

I will post again when I figure out internet in my new home.....   Tetovo, here I come!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! The long awaited day! Thank you for teaching me how to (BLOG). Enjoy the day.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love You Friend. Be Safe, see ya soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen.... here we are in Nebraska posting to you in Tetovo! For those who do not yet know.... JEN IS SAFE AND SOUND at South East European University and making her bed in her dorm room ready to take a long awaited SLEEP! After a few challenging but manageable travel details she arrived in Vienna at about 1:30 am Nebraska time and then made her last leg of the great journey into Skopje arriving about 5am Nebraska time. So, at about noon in Skopje she was greeted and welcomed into her new "world". Without luggage - but in one piece, with no denars, no international phone, but insured..... she has been driven to Tetovo and the University. Had a tour, met many of her new people..... is in her dorm room, HER SHEETS were in her carry on! GOOD MOVE! So she is showering, making her bed and closing her eyes to prepare for a new day tomorrow!

    We love you JEN.... are proud of you and thrilled for you! You have taken that giant leap and now can begin this amazing opportunity to live, learn, teach, taste, share.... and represent all of us in this awesome ancient culture... trying to build their new life in independence!

    Go BIG RED.... smile, smeye, hug and LIVE OUT LOUD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeaaaa....You made it.... Do you have fruit cups????? Can't wait to follow this great adventure.....I would have jumped into your bag in a heart beat....
    Love you so much, Yo Daddy O

    ReplyDelete