Day 14 - 9/25/11 Sunday


Walked 2.5km today to the city center and the American Corner. There was a chess tournament going on!  On my journey I was able to take the first pictures of the Colored Mosque and the Pena River.  I want to go back to the Colored Mosque to look around, but thought I better take a picture of the outside to share with you all. 
Colored Mosque

Pena River

















Upon arrival at the American Corner I was able to meet 3 peace corps volunteers.  This was the first outside and open-air tournament they have ever done. It was a really amazing set up. I took a picture!  I spoke with the two people who work at the American Corner and we will set up a time in the near future to make some plans for how I can assist them!

The tournament
The American Corner - Tetovo


























Later in the day Vesna and I went to the store again. This time I got items that I can actually cook with!  Balsamic Vinegar, Olive oil, seasonings, and then bread and vegetables too!  I was so excited about the purchases!  I can try and cook now!!!

Tonight brought my first taste of Avjar!!!  Thank you Vesna’s family for sharing it with me. I ate it on bread, and I LOVED IT!!!  I am already thinking of how to make it when I get home!



Lesson: Be open for learning in all situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment