Packing... not my favorite activity

      Well thanks for any postive thoughts you might have passed my way for everything to fit! It worked :)  Unfortunately there is a however.... First let me say that if packing is a learned activity my parents did VERY good!  I purchased these really cool bags that you roll the air out of so that more can fit in your bag- great investment if space is a problem.  When planing for this day of packing I thought that space would be my problem, I mean I am not a high maintenance girl, but I like being prepared!   The picture below shows a pile of clothing on my bed and then what that pile looks like in the airless bags- pretty amazing!

BEFORE
                                                                                                    AFTER

But here is the problem- My wonderful packing made my one suitcase over 65 lbs and that was before I had used the extenders or had to get too creative- good thing I weighted it before I continued! I needed to take out 15 lbs. It was quite a disappointing moment!!!!  I became suddenly discouraged. I still had about 1/3 of my clothes to fit in and all of my toiletries- what is a girl to do???  Getting creative was my only option!  As of right now (since I stopped to watch some football), I have one suitcase down to 49 lbs and the other is still at 51.5 lbs.   Pretty good for where I was earlier today.  But I am going to work on that after Packers/Saints and Okie St/Arizona have it out on their respective fields :)

I do have to brag just a bit! With the help of my sister my carry on (that is of legal dimensions) weighs 32 lbs!  It contains: 8 tank tops, 2 skirts, 2 capris, 3 dresses, 2 jackets, 2 t-shirts, 2 pairs of shorts, two pairs of shoes, all of my scarves and head scarves, a make-up bag, a hat, my new sheet set, my earrings and necklaces, a pair of boots, an alarm clock/iPod charger, and box of adapters.  If only the big ones didn't have weight limits think what I could have done!!

Tonight's meal was The Isles Pub & Pizza, another Lincoln tradition.  Their Leaning Tower of Pizza is not matched by any other. So tasty.... take a look for yourself.
 




I decided I am going to share a lesson I have learned each day I post.... here is today's lesson:

Lesson learned today:  If you have small suitcases, or if space is your issue (NOT WEIGHT), then the airless bags are a GREAT investment.  However, if weight is the problem- your only choice is to start unpacking!

1 comment:

  1. Dear 0ne, Just read your Sept 9 Post. Enjoyed every word. The packing brought a smile, and sounds like your days are full of making memories.

    We wish you safe and happy travel and safe and happy days in Macedonia. What a great opportunity for new experiences and growth.

    Love and Prayers

    ReplyDelete