Day 12 - 9/23/11 Friday


TGIF :)  This  morning brought finishing the course packet for the students.  It has been quite a feat to get it completed since my resources only arrived at the embassy today.  That brings me to my exciting news- my diplomatic pouches arrived at the Embassy!  I am really excited to have all of the resources and “goods” that I sent in them.  It will be a bit like Christmas… what’s in the box??? 

I had another “first experience” today.  The Rector of the University spoke to the staff today.  Upon walking in, you could take headphones to use during the speech…there were actually translators in the lecture hall!  The headphones transmitted both Macedonian and English translations. It was like you see in the movies where they show the United Nations and people are listening to the speakers in their native languages.  Here is a picture of Vesna and I with our headphones on!



We also attended training today for some new technology that the Language Center is going to be using.  It is called an Ebeam; and it makes a projection on a whiteboard that becomes interactive.  It is really cool technology and I think it will really enhance the education provided! That’s about it for today… its off to Skopje again tomorrow, hopefully it will be sunny so I can get some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment