Day 4


PRODUCTIVE DAY!!!!

To start I have luggage!  You never know when luggage goes missing if you will see it again. It always assumed that you will, but you really don’t ever know for sure, until you sign the piece of paper saying, ‘yes those are mine’.   This was a huge step in starting to feel like this will be my home away from home.

Next I was able to get an international mobile phone. Now for those of you who may have thought- cool I can call Jen.  Sorry no. It has limited minutes and would cost you and I a fortune. It is for local calls only. I am hoping it helps with making connections with people so that I can start exploring!  Going to get the phone we walked quite a distance. This has caused blisters numbers 4 and 5… in hopes to heal the blisters on the backs of my heels, I was wearing flip-flops with solid plastic covered bottoms.  Unfortunately it turned out to be a not so good situation.  I MUST REST MY FEET J However, I did get to take some pictures of the city while walking.





If luggage and a phone weren’t enough, I also got my personal computer working thank you to the computer genius guy here on campus!  He was so awesome; he even came to my dorm to get it running!  This brought the first phone call home, which was VERY needed.

Lesson: Knowing the right people really can help you get things accomplished.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your luggage arrived and you got to call home! So far this trip sounds like an episode of survivor!!! What will you do without conditioner? Im so proud of you for flying half way around the world, by yourself, and with a language barrier!!! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete