Day 5 - Friday 9/16/11


Today started with making some tea on the burner for the first time. Since I had to boil the water it was too hot to drink it all, so I decided to put it in the fridge and have cool tea later!  Once at the LC (Lang Center) Vesna, the Deputy Director for Academic Affairs in the Language Center, and I decided to go and “get a coffee”.  That is how it is said in English here.  We had wonderful conversation talking about our past experiences and what we want to do in the future.  She also offered to take me out shopping tomorrow as well as to the American Corner here in Tetovo.   She also shared with me a pastry from one of the shops near campus- I will plan on walking there sometime soon!


I met with the Provost of the university today to talk about expectations and how the university became and what it is today.  After our talk he took me to the  balcony of the Administration Building on campus- here is the view!




Today also brought the final step of registering with the police. I now have a card that says the police know that I am in the country.  I feel much better having the card with me, although I understand it to be rare for someone to want to see it.  This meant riding in my first taxi with Bujar.  It also meant seeing part of Tetovo off of the main street.  It was a good experience!


 On the way back to my dorm I picked a couple apples from the beautiful apple orchards. They are so yummy. All the food here has so much flavor because it is all fresh!!

This evening I was able to subscribe to the BigTenTicket which is the international way to watch big 10 football!!  Thanks mom and dad for the early birthday present!!! GO BIG RED!


Lesson: It is amazing what a difference a day with good conversation can make!

No comments:

Post a Comment