Day 10 - 9/21/11 - Wednesday


Day ten – 9/21/11 Wednesday

The Fulbrighters got to go to the US Embassy today!  We took a taxi from the apartment to the embassy across the river.  We of course had to go through security checks to get inside, but it was not a difficult process.  One of the first things said to us after the security check was, “welcome home” which made me smile because I had not really thought about it being home, but it was, it was US soil.  The meetings were very informative and it was good to meet the individuals at our meetings! Having never been abroad, I feel like a sponge just starving for information.  I ask so many questions and am constantly having to process so much new information. 

After the meeting and lunch, we went out for dessert with Daniel and his family.  What a wonderful family they have.  It was fun to spend time as a group of Fulbrighters in Macedonia!

I am not sure I have mentioned Ramstore yet- it is a store like a Wal-Mart with things from food, to bath products to house hold items.  It is not quite as big but bigger than the Vero I had been too.  Here at ramstore I found: socks to keep my feet warm since it had rained so much, peanut butter, and all this gum!!!
All Orbit!  the cost is 24 denar;  1 dollar = around 43 denar

Heading back to Tetovo, I was able to ride with a friend of my friends in Skopje. She actually is from Tetovo, and I discovered she is also a professor at SEE-U.  We had a great conversation on our drive back to Tetovo-home.   

I really enjoyed getting to be in Skopje, not only to see the city, but also to be with friends from before this journey went overseas.  We were able to start talking about plans for coming trips to see the country!  VERY exciting!!!

Lesson:  Staying up late can help you learn some valuable lessons on the internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment