Day 182 – Saturday – 3/10/11

I was at the American Corner again today for Kid’s Club. Being that it was close to St. Patrick’s Day we celebrated this week.  This week we made rainbow and shamrock crowns. I was so proud of the kids they did a great job coloring their entire rainbow…which was a lot of coloring for some of those little hands.  The kids also did a great job saying the colors again in English.  After the crowns we traced our hands and made leprechauns with shamrock hats.  We also read our book for the week called The Leprechaun.  The kids were so wonderful as I read, many of them would repeat what I had read on each page. They were so sweet.

coloring rainbows
working and working
Fitting the crowns
Working on leprechauns
reading the story
After Kid’s Club was English Club.  Today we started our special music video project.  There were 48 kids today for club…I am so excited how many students are coming to the American Corner for club.  Since we are in the planning stages, we split into groups today for the different languages that will be in the video. The kids seem very excited and enthusiastic about the video.  I got a tear in my eye today… at our last meeting, I had shared with them the song title and artist of the song so that they could look up the video before we started. I figured some of them would look it up and others wouldn’t. I played Ingrid’s song for them on youtube and half of them sang along…I was so moved by that. These kids had not only looked up the video, but had watched it enough to sing along… it was a tear in my eye and goose bump type of experience!

This week was Albanian Teacher Day and International Women’s Day, in honor of these two holidays, several of the kids brought me flowers.  I was so humbled that they thought of me… It is so special to me that they have accepted me with such open arms!

switching from Kid's Club to English Club
Talking about the video
sharing the video- teary moment :)
More planning
A few of the flowers I was given


Lesson: Without even knowing it, you touch peoples lives with the smallest of actions.



1 comment:

  1. Looks like a bunch of Leprechauns!!! Very cool that they took the video to heart!!!

    Love,

    YO DADDY OO

    ReplyDelete