Day 156 – Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday - 2/13/12-2/16/12

This week I had the pleasure to be a part of a set of workshops under the title, Equal Access through Service Learning for Persons With Disabilities.  It is a project that the State Department Alumni here in Macedonia have applied for and received.  The purpose of the grant/project is to increase Equal Access for Persons with Disabilities in both Macedonia and Croatia.  The idea is to accomplish this through the service learning method which is a method where students in classes do projects that benefit the community. Students at the university level and Professors at the university level were brought together this week for the first set of workshops in this project.  I was invited to speak about Accepting Human Differences. I gave a presentation on 2 different days about human differences.  It is such a wonderful project to get to be a part of!  You can look at the website for the project by going here: http://www.equalaccess4pwds.org/

I look forward in the coming months, even once I am back in the U.S. to continuing to be a part of this community changing project!



Day 1 
Day 1
one of my slides
Day 2
A new friend, Ana, from the conference



Day 157 – Tuesday  2/14/12

VALENTINES DAY!!!

When I was young I did not have the best feelings towards Valentines Day.  As a child I was sick every year with the flu. I never got to attend the Valentines Day parties at my school. This continued into high school, but has not been the case every year now that I am an adult- with this being the case, every year that I am not  sick is a good Valentines Day- luckly, this year got to fall into the healthy column!

I also took some more pictures out of Cassidy's window/balcony today... just thought it was good to show Skopje again!




Lesson: People’s experiences should be valued and appreciated. 

1 comment:

  1. What a great project!!!! I hope that it can make a difference.... Glad that your timely sicknesses didn't warp your view of valentines Day...LOL
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete