Day 156 – Wednesday 2/15/12


I know this is a bit out of order, but I had to share what I learned on Wednesday! My camera has food settings!  I love food, and I love taking pictures, and I found a way to pair those together in a new way today….  Lizzie had been feeling under the weather the past few days so I offered to cook us dinner.  Cassidy was in Shtip visiting NGOs and the America Corner there so it was just me in the kitchen.  I bought what I hoped would were two steaks, some Brussels sprouts, onions, mushrooms and garlic.  I say what I hoped were steaks, because I have learned that I do not know my cuts of meat just by looking at them and that has become VERY obvious here. I can’t ask for the kind I want, and any sign is something that I can’t read well enough to know for sure!  But I will have you know, I picked right!

So here are the photos, with the different food settings…. Now that I know it exists I will have to do some  playing with different colors and pictures!


Lessons:  My camera has food settings.  I know what a steak looks like… hopefully I can know next time too!

Normal camera setting - steak, brussels sprouts/onions, and mushrooms

red setting

yellow setting

white setting

blue setting

1 comment:

  1. Delicious.... I see a illustrated Macedonian Cook book in the infant stages..... Can you come over to our house and do this some time????? LOL

    Love, YO DADDY O

    ReplyDelete