Day 149 – Tuesday – 2/7/12

SNOW wowza!

I woke up and felt like a school kid again. I really don’t think that snow days get old for anyone… I went to bed thinking maybe we would get a snow day at the University. Its not that I don’t want to be a work, but there is some joy in having a snow day!  However despite my desire, we had work today.  But it gave me a great opportunity to take some more pictures :)
Now look at the phone booth!
The trees out front of my dorm
One of the covered sidewalks
In front of the Language Center
Now look at the table- WOW!
Happy Snow Day!
Benches 
Outside my dorm window
The snow is so beautiful.  Walking around the snow piles come up above my knees.  The trees are a bit weighted down from the heavy wet snow.   It snowed throughout the day too, and they have changed the forecast of snow from lasting until tomorrow, to lasting through next Monday (except Thursday).  I feel like I am living in a winter wonderland.  I have asked if this is typical for Tetovo, and the response has been not in recent years.  Years ago it snowed a lot here but in the past few there has not been as much accumulation.

Before leaving work we received an email stating that classes would be canceled for the rest of the week.  People were still required to come in to work, but the students would not be required.  There was one addition to the email in regards to the Language Center Building. Due to the heating having been an issue, those who work in the LC, did not have to come to work for the rest of the week…I guess I got my snow day :)

With the weather being the way it was, we walked again to the gym. I was able to get a closer picture of the snow mosque! For the first time I am able to show you the inside of the gym. I actually took pictures today!  I really enjoy going and working out. It is something that I look forward to, it makes me feel good going and working out. It has been a way to focus my energies while here.  The people are all so nice there as well. Although my language skills are still poor, it is great to go and hear the language day after day!
The snow mosque
The gym
The gym

Lesson: We never really loose our inner child!


No comments:

Post a Comment