Day 146 – Saturday – 2/4/11

I had mentioned that another package came from home this week, well there were also some very special cards that came!  Back home I sponsor a girls youth organization called The International Order of the Rainbow for Girls.  It is an amazing leadership and service organization!  These girls brought a smile to my face and warmth to my heart by sending me Valentines day cards!!  I miss them very much so having notes from them was priceless.  I finally got them hung up in my room today!

The snow continues to fall- and I took some more pictures so you can see. Today’s snow is more of the wet dense snow.  As it is landing on the already covered ground, it is compacting some of the existing snow with its moisture.  Being from Nebraska where snow is common, I know what this can mean in the next few days- melting during the day with re-freezing at night… we could have a mess in the next week or so… but for now I am just going to enjoy the beauty.




Tonight I went to dinner with Linda and Artan, and guess what, we remembered to take a picture this time!  They came to pick me up at the University (THANK YOU!!) and we went to the center for dinner.  Artan knew of this new restaurant in town and thought we should give it a try.  Despite the fact there were few people inside Linda and I agreed to give it a try.  The inside was BEAUTIFUL and the food was delicious.  We ordered several salads to share. Then came a lamb dish in balsamic vinaigrette to share as well.   I was amazing at how quickly the evening went… I feel very blessed to have met these two and I look forward to the next time!


Lesson: Perhaps the things you consider to be a part of everyday life, are inspiring others to greatness!




1 comment:

  1. Great Friends, Great Food, Great Mail....Now just what more do ya need?????

    Love,

    Yo Daddy O

    ReplyDelete