Day 147 and 148 – Sunday and Monday – 2/5/12-2/6/12

 Classes are to start this week but with the forecast for snow, time will tell what will happen.  I took some more pictures of the snow these two days so that you can see the difference in snowfall amount before tomorrow’s (Tuesday) big accumulation.  As of this morning, Monday, primary and secondary schools have been canceled for the remainder of the week.
The patio at the Language Center
Close up of the table
Walking out of the Language Center
My dorm  
Yes, those are benches!
Look on top of the phone booth!
The apple orchard behind my dorm room
The snowfall outside of my window

As for work at SEE-U, I think this semester will look a bit different for me than it did last semester.  Last semester I went to English classes as a native speaker for exposure. This semester is going to start with planning a Language Fair with my colleagues. The goal of the Fair is to bring High School Students to campus for exposure to world languages as well as SEE-U as a possible university choice. I am really looking forward to the planning for it as well as the event itself. We have just started, but look for updates soon!

After work today, Rezehana and I walked to the gym in the center. It was about a 40-45 min walk with all of the snow that had accumulated, and that had started to fall.  It was a good warm up for our workout!!  On our way back, we took a city bus that only took us so far...we had to walk a ways, BUT we got to see a snow mosque built by someone in the center of one of the roundabouts! 
Walking to the gym
The snow mosque

Lesson: Appreciate the work of those around you, listen to their thoughts and opinions, each person brings a wealth of knowledge and experience.



1 comment:

  1. I am glad that I didn't need to help scoop....LOL Otherwise very beautiful..
    And what a workout just getting to go workout....

    Love,

    DAD

    ReplyDelete