Day 97 Saturday 12/17/11


Another first today- I finally went to the main Green Market in Tetovo.  I have been to the green markets in Bitola, 2 in Skopje, and the Thursday market in Tetovo, but this was the first time to get to the main market!  This market runs everyday and throughout the whole year.  It was like the others I have been to, a ginormous variety of items, tea sets, spices, vegetables, kitchenware, cheese, meats, clothes, fruits, shoes, electronics, beans, rice, and more! I was even able to speak some Albanian to the people to get my wants communicated! The only part I would change about it, is the distance from my place :)

This wasn’t my only adventure today, Cassidy came to town to go back to the tailor to try on her 5 piece suit, and I went with her.  She tried things on first, and then we went to coffee with the tailor. He speaks English enough for us to have good conversations.  It was another interaction of people to people and of course Cassidy and I learned more about the country and culture.  Today we spoke about how Macedonia handles dignitaries that visit the country.  In my time here I have experienced a few different international dignitaries coming to the country- as the tailor explained and we have experienced, daily life is interrupted when a dignitary is in town.  We have seen helicopters, internet shut downs, phone service shut off, and roads closed. Like my other interactions, this two was a memorable conversation.

From the tailor, Cassidy and I ventured through Tetovo and finding things we couldn’t live without, well mostly that I couldn’t live without, but Cassidy participated some too!   We also tried a new restaurant called Arbi, it was very tasty!  It was great to have Cassidy in Tetovo so we could try out a new restaurant.  It was a great Saturday, my only complaint would be the sore hands from carrying all of the bags back to my dorm!

Here are some of my finds:
The goods!

SANTA!!


Christmas plates for next weekend's meal
A scale for now weighing me now, and weighing suitcases later

a new type of all purpose cleaner

My Christmas tree!


Lesson: Remember to put yourself in other people’s shoes, look at things from another person’s perspective.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete