Day 100 - 12/20/11 - Tuesday

Time is a strange thing. It stays the same, 60 seconds in a min, 60 min in an hour, 24 hours in a day. But even though this is always true, time changes.  For me 60 seconds of standing is no problem, but 60 seconds of holding my breath might be impossible.  5 hours spent with people you care about goes quickly, but 5 hours of driving alone can feel like an eternity.  Yet the same amount of time has passed for each.

Today is my 100th day in Macedonia.  I can say that during these 100 days, time has gone by fast, and it has gone by slow.  But no matter what the day to day or hour to hour felt like, I can't believe it has been 100 days.  100 days ago, I left my mom and dad at the airport in Lincoln. 100 days ago I left the home and comforts I knew.  But it has only been 100 days of getting to know people. Only 100 days of learning a new culture. Time is a strange thing!

I will not only remember this day because it is my 100th day in Macedonia, but also because it is the first day it has really snowed here!  There have been snow capped mountain tops, as I have shared. But today it fell from the sky here in town, and the mountain sides have some snow now too.  The snow does not go all the way down the mountain, but it is still pretty amazing.  The forecast has been for snow before, but it always fails to show, or turns to rain... not today.  What a great day to remember!
Snow coming down - out my office window
The mountain side
Another picture of the mountain side

Here's to 100 days of a new culture, new people, new friends, and an amazing adventure... now I look forward to what the next 169 have to bring!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete