Day 84 – Saturday 12/3/11


Kids Club and English Club started back up today!  It was great to be back with younger students.  I have really missed my daily interactions with students, so the American Corner has been a great place to be able to work with kids.

Kids Club today was all about snow!  We have not had any snow yet here in Macedonia (other than that 1 day I woke up an there was some on the tip top of the mountains, and it melted by lunch).  Even though there has not been snow, it is December so I thought it was an appropriate topic.  We first read a book about snowflakes, and the kids colored them.  We then made snowmen!  I have been saving the bottles from the water I have been drinking, mostly because I feel sick throwing away so much plastic- recycling is not something that happens in Tetovo.  I decided I would use them somehow at kids club… today they became snowmen!

English Club celebrated National Cookie Day!  We started by talking about vocabulary words about making cookies, and then we made cookies all on our own! I found a recipe for no bake, no cook, cookies.  It called for butter, sugar, vanilla, cocoa, and oats.  Simple and turned out very tasty!  As our cookies cooled outside, we also made snowflakes!

 Cassidy arrived in the early evening from Skopje. We have a big adventure planned for tomorrow.  Since she was in town we decided to go eat that the award wining Tivoli restaurant.  SO TASTY (as always J)  We then decided to journey out for some dessert.  A few weeks ago I had been taken to a tasty dessert shop for a taste testing of all of their desserts.  I thought it would be a great place to take Cassidy… but that meant finding it without a guide-  as you can see we were successful!  Tres leches and Boza!!!


Lesson: Children are inspiring, no matter what language they speak, stop and take time to listen to them… their knowledge and perspective is unmatched!

No comments:

Post a Comment