Day 211 – Monday- 4/9/2012

The books from the AWESOME, AMAZING, LEGENDARY, MEMORABLE, GENEROUS, HEARTWARMING, book drive that LPS and Holmes Elementary had are on their way!  After a more than a month of hard work and planning the books have left Nebraska and have started their journey to Tetovo!  Thanks to the generosity of Mainfreight Omaha, there are 3 pallets of books, over 14,000 books coming to the kids of Tetovo and Macedonia.  I am overjoyed with the generosity of so many people back home. I knew how amazing Nebraskans are, but now I get to prove it to the world!

Today I went to the American Corner to plan for the event.  With the number of books coming this way, we are going to be able to share books with all of Macedonia. It is truly amazing how far these books will reach! While planning the event, a middle school aged girl came into the corner, she was there because she had heard there are new books coming and was hoping they were already here so she could check them out.  Saranda, who works at the corner, shared with me this has been happening a couple of times everyday!  These kid are SO excited, and so am I.

Lesson: I bleed HUSKER red!

1 comment:

  1. They are on the Way!!!! YEAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! And soon so are we!!!!

    Une te dua!!!

    Dashura,

    YO BABA O

    ReplyDelete