Day 205 – Tuesday – 4/3/2012

My roommate, Rezehana and I went on another walk today. I really enjoy these afternoon walks!  We have been walking up to the Banja, which is the spring with mineral water.On our way back down we stopped at one of the little markets out front of a shop. I wanted to get some veggies.  They had 7 bundles of green onions for 50 denar (about a dollar) so we decided to share them. Rezehana then began to share with me this "onion pie" recipe that she likes to make. We decided to try it when we got back to our dorm, and BOY WAS I GLAD WE DID!   The recipe is not difficult, but a bit time consuming... and TOTALLY worth it.  The best part of it all was it tasted like the dough for Burek!  I was thinking I might have to just use philo dough when I returned home, but after today I have a new method!!!!  For those of you back in Lincoln who are wondering, YES I will be making and sharing!




Lesson: This one is obvious- BUREK dough!

1 comment:

  1. YEEEEAAAA...... I can't wait to try this miracle of dough and filling, like maybe real chicken???????

    Love,

    Baba O

    ReplyDelete