Day 204 – Monday – 4/2/2012


Monday’s mean Writing class with some of the skills 4 students.  I am really enjoying this group of students and the opportunity to work with them on their writing.  I will say that the class has given me challenges and growth.  The difference of teaching University level students and primary aged students is pretty great, but there are many similarities too.  As a teacher I am still trying to make each class bring new knowledge and experiences. I try each day to challenge them and make them grow.  This has been more challenging for me since I have not ever taught writing to students older than 12.   As I plan for the class I have to keep in mind that these students have different interests then students I teach at home.  I also remind myself that they are trying to learn to express ideas in what is not their first language.  This really is a great experience for me as an educator.  I hope that I never become stagnate or stale in my teaching as I progress in my career. Opportunities and experiences such as these I think help to ensure that.

Lesson:  As a teacher it is as important to teach as it is to learn.

1 comment:

  1. I wish that I could have taken a class like this when I was in school.....

    Dad

    ReplyDelete