Day 208 – Friday 4/6/2012

The Department of Languages, Cultures, and Communication had a workshop today for secondary school teachers from around the area.  The workshop was about Technology and Literature in the English Language classroom.  I was able to attend and it was a pleasure to hear from colleagues practices they are using in their classrooms. This was also a very good promotional tool for the University.

 

The sky was absolutely beautiful today and I had to take a picture of proof :)


As beautiful as the sky had been earlier, it was the eastern part of a rainstorm that was moving in our direction.  As I left campus tonight, I was able to see the eastern side of the storm coming over the mountain, how awesome!  The storm was not big, it did not bring thunder or lightening, just rain, but this image was pretty memorable!


My friends Linda and Artan went to a play tonight that opened in Tetovo, this mean Jen and Adora time!!  After eating some pizza, we painted our nails.  Adora had purple with teal dots, and I had red with purple dots. We had such fun painting each others nails, something that I have missed while being away from my friends.

Following our nail painting, we embarked on a night of games.  We played "Don't get Angry" (just like SORRY), Slap Jack, Old Maid, and Go Fish.  I can honestly say, Out of ALL of the games we played tonight, I won 1, the first hand of Old Maid.  Adora is a pretty fierce competitor!  We took pictures after each game of the winner and looser, I only posted a few here, because who needs to see me loose over and over and over again?  It was a great time!
Our final products

    
Close up of the final product
The winner!
The looser....
Winner and Looser in another game....
Lesson:  Taking a night to go back into your childhood is good for your soul!


1 comment:

  1. What a great young lady sitter, AND..... Gracious looser!!!! LOL

    Love,

    YO BABA O

    ReplyDelete