Day 241 - Friday - Belgrade 1 - 5/11/2012


Cassidy, Lizzie and I were taking another weekend trip. This time we were off to Belgrade.  This was going to mark the last vist to one of the former Yugoslav Republics.  After classes on Friday Cassidy, who had been in Tetovo to present at one of the classes Thursday, and I traveled to Skopje.  

 We had a dinner date set with the Pout family. Dinner was at Plaza Del Torro in Skopje along the Vardar. This marked the last time that all of us would be together in Skopje. We took a picture to commemorate the moment.  Its hard to believe that over 10 months ago we met in Washington DC at our orientation before heading on this journey of a lifetime!  The pictures prove that dinner was a wonderful time, not short of laughter!  I am so blessed to have met this group of wonderful people. We have made memories together that I will always treasure.



After dinner, Lizzie, Cassidy and I boarded the night train in Skopje to travel to Belgrade. This was my first journey on a passenger train. I have grown up around trains, my dad is an engineer. I have ridden on a train before in the train yard, but not across country!  The moment I walked into our cabin I thought of Harry Potter...that may be the dorky side of me coming out, but I felt like we were traveling to Hogwarts! 

After passing through the Macedonian and Serbian borders, it was off to try and get some sleep before our arrival in Belgrade in the morning.
In our cabin
Leaving Macedonia
Train hallway

Lesson: People really do leave imprints on your heart, they change you for the better!


No comments:

Post a Comment