Day 237 - Monday - 5/7/2012

I had one of the most special days of my year journey today. . .

The office space I have been given to use at SEE-U is in the LaRC a resource center for the Language Cultures and Communications Department. Also in this office is an amazing woman named Suzana. I have posted about her as well as her daughter before today.  But I get to share another story about these amazing women. Besa, Suzana's daughter, invited me out today.  We made several stops along our afternoon out.  Our first stop was Midpoint...my favorite bakery in Tetovo. We shared stories of growing up and experiences in our own towns and countries.  Next we went to a new place in Tetovo called House. It is a coffee, sweets and juice shop.  I am so grateful for Besa having shown me this little place. They have fresh made juice drinks, similar to smoothies, but not as much ice as Juice Stop, more just juice. It was brilliant!  Besa then drove me throughout parts of the residential portion of Tetovo where I had not yet been and then to the edge of town to her fiance's parents land. Unfortunately the gate was locked, but we were still able to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful day! It was also the first time that I heard crickets!!   We finished our afternoon in the center along the river enjoying a coffee together.

Today is one of those days that you can't really describe with words...because it was the moments that were created that will never be forgotten. Thank you to Besa for the beautiful day!
Land outside of Tetovo
My yummy juice!!!
Besa and I at coffee along the river

Lesson: listen for beauty, don't just look.  You can hear it in words spoken by friends, crickets chirping in nature, or the rushing water of a river.


No comments:

Post a Comment