Days 65, 66, and 67 11/15/11 – 11/17/11

Hello Teacher!  Hello Teacher!  Hi Teacher!  Teacher.. Hi!

Since starting my rotation through the English Skills courses, I have started to not just be a strange red head walking around campus… but instead the “teacher from America”.  When I walk around campus this is what I am starting to hear.  :)  The title ‘teacher’ is given to all professors, that part is not unique, but I don’t think the “hello” part is as common.  Getting to go to classes with all the students learning English, means at some point, I should see every student here on SEE-U campus.  It is a requirement to take English while being a student at SEE-U.  Having the opportunity to work with every student at SEE-U while I am here is quite an honor!  As a native speaker, this is a great way to have the most students have exposure to English as possible.  This has also meant being busier this week - which is not a complaint!  I also have a schedule of classes all the way to the end of the semester. 
Mr. Hedgehog has traveled with me to each class!!!

Thursday night - the American Corner has power once again!!  It has been several weeks since the AC has had power.  This has meant no clubs or activities.  Tonight it was re-opened and I went to (and participated slightly) in a presentation on International Education opportunities in Macedonia. People came who were interested in hearing more about ways to study and learn in the US.  It was an honor to get to share for a minute or two about my opinions and pointers on applying.  I shared with them, and I share with you now -  “If you are thinking about applying for a scholarship program- do it.  No matter if you get it or not it is a great experience!”  I would give that advice to each of you reading this too. If you are thinking about trying something new- do it.  Successful or not, it will be good because you learn from every experience!  (that is the Lesson for the day too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment