Day 53 - Thursday 11/3/11 and Day 54 - Friday 11/4/11

These two days were mostly training, and since I commented on yesterday's post about the workshops, I am going to skip to the dinner on Thursday and then on to Friday!

Thursday night we all went to dinner as a group to Agava.  This restaurant was up off the road a bit and was beautiful.  This meal consisted of 4 courses!!!  It was also filled with great conversation. It was great to sit and talk with these other Fulbright scholars going through the same experiences as I am. I am so glad that we are getting to know each other better and building relationships amongst us as a group!
The restaurant
Course #1

Course #2

Course #3
Course #4

Other ETAs I sat with at dinner

Friday after training, Mary, Jessica, Elizabeth, Cassidy and I headed off for the National Theater. I should say, Cassidy joined us again now that our conference was over for a weekend of exploring Zagreb.  I also have to note how much we missed Lizzie...she was home sick. BOO!!!   We went to the theater to purchase tickets for that evening's ballet. We took some photos of the theater during the daylight hours, purchased our tickets and went on our way... to H&M clothing store!  I did purchase some items here :)  We then went to Nova for dinner.  This was an all vegetarian restaurant which was an experience we had not yet had!  I had green gnocchi and tofu with mushroom sauce.

Buying tickets to the Ballet
Dinner


After dinner it was to the ballet!!!!  This particular ballet was about the works of a local poet and was all in Croatian which left much to our own interpretation. It was still beautiful and a wonderful experience!!
The theater at night
From the balcony




Lesson: The arts maybe created in one language but can be appreciate in any language!

No comments:

Post a Comment