Day 78 – Monday – 11/28/11


 Happy Albanian Flag Day!
Albanian flag hanging outside the dorms

Today was back to work, and it was also another holiday!  However this holiday people were still at work, not all students were, but staff worked.   This holiday commemorates Albania’s independence from 5 centuries of Ottoman rule in 1912.  Throughout Tetovo and on campus, the Albanian Flag was flying… on the railings of the dorms, car windows, street poles, and outside businesses.  The atmosphere was joy and celebration. 


Tonight brought my presentation on Writing a Personal Statement at the American Corner.  I was able to share the knowledge I have on how to write a personal statement. Although I do not claim to be any sort of expert, the personal statement I wrote was good enough to earn me a Fulbright Scholarship. 


The evening brought dinner at Delfin with some friends!  It was Shopska salad for me with pizza bread… I am GOING to figure out how they make that bread!!!

Lesson: Celebratory traditions may change with generations, but the joy and pride remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment