Thanks to the many generous people in the USA

During training in DC, one of the recommendations given to the ETAs was to bring some brochures, menus, or maps to use as teaching tools while abroad.  I thought that this was a WONDERFUL idea.  When I arrived home I began emailing and contacting the great states in our country along with many cities, attractions, and national parks.   The response I have received it is just plain TREMENDOUS! .... as of today I have 5 piles of information.  It is truly amazing! 

Some places have even sent gifts that I can pass out.  Alaska sent buttons, notepads, and moose cut outs.  Hawaii sent postcards, posters, ruler, stickers, and bumper stickers.  Detroit sent a bumper sticker. Ocean City, MD sent a mouse pad and postcards.  Lansing, Michigan sent postcards.  Atlanta sent postcards and a lapel pin. Illinois and Indiana also sent postcards.  South Dakota shipped an entire box of state maps, enough for an entire class set. ... and these are only a few of the many states and cities that have sent me resources to take along. 

I really feel like there is no way to fully express my thanks to these visitor centers and the individuals for taking the time and effort to send all of the information to me so that I can take with me and share about our great country. 

Here is the list of places that have sent information so far:

Madison
New Orleans
Indiana
Indianapolis
Washington DC
Scottsdale
Seattle
Dallas
Springfiled
Illinois
Memphis
Grand Rapids
Alabama
Ocean City
Worlds/Oceans of Fun
Albuquerque
Bowling Green
Lexington KY
Portland
Phoenix
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Mississippi
Albany
Charlotte/Charlson
South Carolina
Boston
Detroit
South Dakota
Montana
Greenville
Maui
Moloka'i
Oahu
Waikiki
Kaua'i
Hawaii
Alaska
Anchorage
other Alaska
Maine
Delaware
Utah
Lansing
Michigan
Charleston, VA
Sonoma
Venice, FL
Wisconsin
Wyoming
Jackson Hole
Santa Fe
Atlanta
Mount Rushmore
Georgia
Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment