11 days...

Oh man it is almost down to the single digits... I should probably be packing my suitcases or at least packing up my room!!!  Why do today what you can put off till tomorrow?

I have made some great headway on my to-do list this past week....

Saturday brought a final trip to the Farmer's Market and a trip to Target to get the necessities for the trip (I forgot sheets- duh! - next trip). 
Sunday brought good-byes to my Rainbow family - an international girls service and leadership organization (www.gorainbow.org).  This was the first set of real goodbyes.
Monday was payflex day and getting that stuff figured out and errands with mom :)
Tuesday shipped off 3 of my diplomatic pouches of educational materials to the Embassy in Skopje. It will take 3-4 weeks to get there.  I packed all of the information from the many states and cities from around the US. I am still receiving some so I have saved my 4th pouch of the straggling items and the other Nebraska things that are yet to come.  I also packed all of my special education text books.  Macedonia does not yet have special education as a program in their schools but there is some interest so I am going to bring all that I can!!
Wednesday - today was a re-check on my glasses- I go to Eye Care Specialties here in Lincoln. Everyone there is so kind and helpful. They know that I will be leaving in a week and a half so they worked really hard to get me in, letting me know when others canceled their appointments and are rushing my glasses. After I went to my AMAZING 2nd job at Michael Forsberg Gallery (www.michaelforsberg.com). I got to spend the day with 3 great friends (and one in spirit and on the computer - feel better P). Sarah even made a humus recipe that I have been wanting to try!  Great friends - I will miss you guys a lot the next 11 months!! Then tonight was dinner with 2 friends from Rainbow...

I think that I am going to gain a lot of weight in these next few days with all of this eating out.  But I have come to terms with that and am really okay with it because there is NO WAY I will turn down some of the great restaurants we have... oh and of course the wonderful company :)


2 comments: