Day 251 - Monday - 5/21/2012

Day two with the family in Macedonia. Today was to be the day for South East European University. I was able to parade my parents around the campus and the Language Center at SEE-U introducing them to all people we met. I also got to take them to my writing class. The students did a wonderful job sharing their writing with each other and my family in an Author's Circle. This is not something that is commonly done, so I think it was beneficial for all those involved.  

Writing Skills 4 class- THEY ROCK!
Following our time at the University, I was able to take my parents to meet Vesna's Parents. Vesna was a huge part of my life in Tetovo. She has sense moved to the US for school, but it was still important to me to have my parents meet her parents! 

Desserts with friends
I of course had to also take my parents to see the American Corner which has been such an important part of my time in Tetovo. It was extra special that they were able to see all the books that they had helped send to Tetovo from the US. The books never would have gotten here without the help of many people in Nebraska, but these 3 people were key in it all. I am so blessed to have a family like them!

To save drive time tomorrow, we headed to Ohrid this evening. The drive there was uneventful, but getting to the apartment was a bit more challenging. I had been to Ohrid before, but not as the driver.  Our apartment was in the old town area, so getting to it was a bit challenging, after trying 3 or 4 different paths, we stopped on the side of the road and waited for a guide. It was aparent after that why we had trouble finding it. But wow, the location was wonderful, beautiful and worth the trouble. As was the apartment and hospitality offered at Apartment Kaneo.

Lizzie and Cassidy were waiting to meet us for dinner in Ohrid, so that they could finally meet my parents in person.  What a fun moment when they all officially met. Its different talking to someone in person than just on skype. We also had a delicious dinner!!  Of course we took pictures!
the salads
bread with AMAZING garlic dip 
Grilled squid
Chicken and mushrooms
Ohrid Cake
It was only day 2 and we were already tired, so it was off to bed to get ready to sight see tomorrow!


Lesson: There is no pride like a teacher's pride for his/her students!

No comments:

Post a Comment