Day 249 - Saturday - 5/19/2012


Today was the last day for my Kid's Club and English Club at the American Corner. As I have said many times, these groups are one of the the highlights of my time here in Macedonia.  Today only reinforced this.  It is amazing that I have the opportunity to get to work with such amazing kids and youth from the community of Tetovo. I have so loved every minute I have spent with them and their families!

Spring time! The theme for today was to be BUGS!!!!  We started as we usually do, reading a book about bugs and then coloring our books. We then got to make bugs out of clay! It was so fun to see the kids creativity in their bug creations!  Following our indoor creativity, we headed out side for a song about bugs with some silly actions. The kids started to pick up the words to the song, but the actions were immediate and they were so darn cute!!  To finish our time together we played a round of Duck Duck Goose, only with the words "Bug Bug Butterfly!".  What a wonderful time!!  










ENGLISH CLUB
It was time to debut our video!  The kids sat and watched their amazingly created video about everybody wanting and deserving love.  Thanks to Ingrid Michaelson and Cabin 24 Records, we were able to use the song, Everybody. The video turned out amazingly.  The kids sang in 5 different language: Turkish, Romani, Macedonian, Albanian and English; all the languages spoken in their community. You can watch the video on youtube:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37_-zL-1OgA 

Following the debut of their video we headed outside in the sun for a good game of Charades, boys vs. girls. The winners this time were the boys...but I think the girls would agree we WANT A REMATCH!   





 The kids that have been coming to the American Corner for the clubs I have been in charge of will have a special place in my heart.  They are an amazing group that has bright futures ahead of them. Every time I was with them I was impressed by their knowledge and perseverance!




Lesson: The imprints left on your heart are forever.





No comments:

Post a Comment